Le groupe de travail « European Security and Defence Transformation » de l’AEGES présidera la Section European Security and Foreign Policy in a Multipolar World Order: Crises, Adaptation, and Strategy lors de la 16è Conférence Générale du European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) qui aura lieu à Innsbruck (Autriche) du 26 au 28 août 2020.
Vous trouverez ci-dessous les modalités de candidature :
Abstract & Objectives
This Section aims at generating an academic discussion between various theoretical and methodological approaches to study security cooperation and transformation at different levels of governance in the European security and transatlantic landscape, as well as the power dynamics, institutional constraints and normative factors that can influence them. This Section is guided by two axes of research: (1) European security policy, integration and cooperation – drivers, consequences and challenges and (2) EU foreign policy: strategy, EU as a security actor, transatlantic relations and NATO. All paradigms, methodological approaches and schools of thought will be considered in equal measure.
Topics of Panels and Paper abstracts might include, but are not limited to:
- Costs, benefits, incentives and obstacles of security and defence cooperation in the framework of multinational collaborative mechanisms or alliances (e.g. PESCO, FNC, PfP, UK-France, EU-NATO).
- European security integration. Causes and consequences of change, adaptation and transformation of security policy, defence, foreign policy and strategic culture.
- EU as a security actor and the emerging geopolitical situation. Strategy and new visions of peace.
- NATO, US foreign policy and transatlantic cooperation.
- New and emerging security technologies and their impact on the democratic order
Application Procedure and Publication
- Propose a Panel with 4-5 Papers or an individual Paper: https://ecpr.eu/Events/SectionDetails.aspx?SectionID=961&EventID=132